On 13 February 2013 the Joint Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defence Centre of Excellence located in Vyskov, Czech Republic, and Hotzone Solutions Group BV, The Netherlands, signed a cooperation agreement with the aim to cooperate in the following activities:
- Support of CBRN Courses,
- Consulting and advice in the area of CBRN Defence, involvement and support of CBRN Reachback,
- Development of JCBRN Defence COE’s Modelling & Simulation Systems capabilities.
In accordance with this cooperation, the JCBRN Defence COE shall pending its operational needs and possibilities:
- Request HZS CBRN Subject Matter Experts (CBRN SMEs) to carry out training and consulting activities under the supervision of the JCBRN Defence COE,
- Evaluate and provide a written assessment of HZS courses and activities upon request of HZS, including those carried out at the HZS International CBRN Institute in Belgium,
- Certify HZS courses after evaluation as ‘In compliance with NATO JCBRN Defence COE standards’.
This new cooperation agreement is an example for Civil-Military Cooperation; it will allow HZS to further increase and diversify its training capabilities and services in the field of CBRN incident management.