Deployable Analytical Laboratory 2 (DAL2) is a fully customised solution that can be configured, equipped and optimized for the following:
• Sampling of environment, bulk materials, tissues and food.
• Biological analyses of pathogens and toxins that may cause moderate-risk, serious or potentially lethal disease through the inhalation route of exposure. Microbiological analyses pinpoint pathogens on a genetic level, ensuring the most reliable detection of bacteria and other microbes on the market.
• Chemical analyses for highly toxic chemicals such are chemical warfare agents (CWA), and toxic industrial chemicals (TIC), low molecular weight biotoxins, in all kinds of matrices.
• Radiological analyses of environmental, bulk and food samples.
• Sample storage and transport.
DAL2 features Chemical/ Radiological and Biological BSL-3 laboratories separated by an airlock. The whole construction is crafted from a one piece superstructure, pressurized in accordance to the safety regulations. Ambient and ventilation system are controlled, air exhaust is HEPA and carbon filtered. DAL2 provides the personnel, the testing material (samples) and the environment protection from hazardous materials such as highly toxic substances and the broad spectrum of indigenous moderate to high risk bioagents causing serious or potentially lethal disease. DAL2 can achieve decontamination of both, the equipment and the personnel to a permissible level.