Hotzone Solutions is seeking an experienced Analytical Chemist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a wide range of analytical tests on samples in accordance with established methods and procedures. The chemist will be responsible for developing research and testing processes to support the development of new products. The chemist will also be expected to troubleshoot instrumentation and maintain laboratory equipment and quality control protocols.
- Perform analytical tests on samples in accordance with established methods and procedures.
- Conduct method development and validation work.
- Operate and use equipment for CBRN protection, detection, and decontamination
- Troubleshoot instrumentation and resolve technical issues
- Maintain laboratory equipment and ensure compliance with safety guidelines
- Participate in the development and implementation of quality control protocols
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Review and interpret data to ensure compliance with established specifications
- Communicate results and findings to the Laboratory Manager and other stakeholders
- Stay informed of new developments in analytical chemistry and participate in continuing education opportunities
- Master’s degree in Analytical Chemistry or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a laboratory environment.
- Strong understanding of analytical chemistry techniques and methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with GC-MS, LC-MS, ICP-MS and other analytical instrumentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the CBRN field is an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Full proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- This is a full-time position with a competitive salary
- Hotzone Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applications.