This classroom course will provide participants and introduction to biological agents. The scope of the course is to provide first responders and military CBRN operators with the required competence in the following areas:
- Understand the potential dangers of biological agents,
- How to avoid those dangers,
- Collect samples in a safe and sterile manner,
- Safely package and transport the samples, without compromising the content of the samples,
- Be able to perform basic handling of biological agents, and
- Effectively decontaminate samples, equipment, and surfaces.